Advance Driving School 10211-100 Ave, Fort Saskatchewan


Question: How can I register for the insurance reduction course?
Answer: For registration, you can call at 780.660.4090 , email at [email protected] or register online at

Question: How can I book my road test?
Answer: There are two ways to book your road test.

Question: Will the driving school take my road test?
Answer: No, after the course completion, book your road test at any registry or visit All road tests are conducted by the government driver examiners.

Question: Where can I find the Class 7 Learners Knowledge Test preparation book?
Answer: Go to  and download Drivers guide to operation, Safety and licensing: cars and light trucks.

Question: Can I use my own vehicle for the road test?
Answer: Yes,  you can use your own vehicle but make sure to have valid registration, insurance and ensure that your vehicle headlights, signal lights, and brake lights are properly working. Also, make sure there are no cracks that affect the driver’s visibility on the windshield.

Question: Can I use the driving school vehicle for the road test?
Answer: Yes, you can use the driving school vehicle. To book the vehicle, you must inform your instructor or driving school at least 24 hours in advance and pay the rent.

Question: How does the 10 hours in a vehicle, and 15 hours in class work?
Answer:  You will have to attend two days in class from 9 am – 5 pm according to the driving schools classroom schedule or you can do it online with extra charges of $55.00.

Recommended in-vehicle training is 2 hours per class according to the student’s availability.

Question: Once I register, how long do I have to finish the course?
Answer: You have 18 months to complete the course, if unable to complete during the time period you must re-register.

Question: How much will my insurance reduce with the insurance reduction certificate?
Answer: The insurance reduction certificate is recognized by the insurance industry as proof of your course completion. Discount rates vary with each insurance company. Also, depending on the area you live in, make and model of your vehicle, and your age. All these factors will affect your insurance, it’s better to check with your insurance company.

Question: How long do I have to wait before I can start my driving lesson?
Answer: If you are 14 years and hold a class 7 learners you can start anytime.

Question: What are the requirements to book Class 5 GDL road test?
Answer: You must be 16 years or older and have your class 7 learners for at least one year.

Question: I have a full license from another country, can I transfer to get Class 5 Advance licence?
Answer: It depends on what country you came from, for more details please view the following pdf.
Download pdf

Driving School Locations

10211 - 100 Ave,
Fort Saskatchewan,
AB, T8L 1Y7

Location Map